Kenyasdata is an archive facility for all datasets generated under the Fresh Water Systems Division of Kenya Marine and Fisheries Research Institute (KMFRI). It aims to manage and promote data sharing from the applied and basic research of strategic and national importance in aquaculture, capture fisheries, aquatic environment, socioeconomics and marketing, information communication management and any emerging issues in the fisheries.
The vision of Kenyasdata is to be center of excellence for fisheries and aquatic environmental data.
Our mission is to generate the knowledge base, develop and disseminate fisheries information for increased but sustainable fish production, conservation of the fisheries resources, water quality, fish habitat, and to create and help manage the research and required linkages with stakeholders.
Kenyasdata will provide the following data;
- Data monitoring changes in stocks and exploitation levels of the dominant commercial fish species in Lakes Victoria, Naivasha, Baringo and Turkana.
- Data on the Characterization and zoning of fish breeding for protection in the
major water bodies of Kenya.
- Fisheries and environment data on Riverine and Wetland Systems.
- Data on harvesting and fish post harvest handling of emerging fisheries in the major lakes of Kenya.
- Data on the magnitude, impacts, and development of management option for invasive water weeds on the major lakes and other small water bodies
- Data on Pollution Indicators.
- Data on the mapping and monitoring trends in aquaculture development and impacts on livelihoods in Kenya.
- Any other fisheries and aquatic environment data.